If you're moving to Missouri, you'll need to get a new drivers license. If you're an existing driver (already licensed in another state), here's the information you need to make getting a new drivers license as easy as possible.
For those looking to get their very first drivers license, the process is a bit more complicated. New drivers should visit the Missouri Department of Revenue's website for step-by-step information about the process.
Where to Go:
You can get a new Missouri drivers license at privately owned license offices throughout the state. Use the Missouri Department of Revenue's website to find an office near you.
Documents You Must Have:
- Proof of lawful presence (one of the following) - a birth certificate, passport or a certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- Proof of identity (one of the following) - a social security card or medicare card
- Proof of residency (one of the following) - a utility bill, bank statement or property tax receipt
Tests You Must Take:
- Vision screening
- Road sign test
- Written exam and driving test- but ONLY if your previous license expired more than six months ago
Fees You'll Pay
- $22.50 for a three year license
- $45 for a six year license
Also, be aware that you must surrender your previous out-of-state license to the license office.